DATE:Saturday, November 18, 2017 TIME:12:30pm - 04:30pm LOCATION: Portola High School More Information
- The individual round consists of 4 sets of 8 problems each.
- The team round consists of fewer but more challenging problems aimed at testing a student's depth in mathematics.
- Teams consist of 6 people each. Participants can form teams beforehand, but they all need to be in the same grade. If participants do not have a team, they will be put into teams on the day of the tournament.
- 12:30 - 1:00 Check-in
- 1:00 - 1:10 Welcome
- 1:10 - 2:25 Individual Round
- 2:25 - 2:35 Break
- 2:35 - 3:10 Team Round
- 3:10 - 4:00 Activity Round
- 4:00 - 4:30 Awards Ceremony
This event is free and open to students in grades 3-6. Both individuals and teams are accepted. 200 students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will open on September 26 @ 8am.
OCMC not only strives to inspire young mathematicians, but it also provides some students with financial need with an interactive learning environment. (We also teach math in the Santa Ana Unified District to students who have the passion but lack the resources to become mathematicians.) It's the holiday season, and we would like children to have a warm and merry Christmas with presents. We encourage you to expand upon our cause and make a difference. All volunteers and participants, please consider bringing in a new, packaged, but unwrapped gift valued at $5-$20 to the Thanksgiving Tournament. Thank you for your donation! Your generosity will touch a child's heart this Christmas!
Directions: 1001 Cadence, Irvine, CA 92618. Click here for driving directions.