Ardent Academy Receives WASC Supplementary Education Program Accreditation
Ardent Academy is pleased to announce that we have been granted Supplementary Education Program (SEP) accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
After a rigorous review process, the WASC commissioners have validated the quality of Ardent Academy as an institution trustworthy of learning and student well-being, committed to continuous improvement.
Thank you to our friends and family for your support in our growth. Accreditation status affirms the excellence of our programs. Select Ardent courses can now be taken for credit towards college.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What programs at Ardent Academy are accredited? The ACS WASC Commissioners have determined Ardent Academy meets the Supplementary Education Center/Program accreditation criteria for the following program(s): Behavioral Science, ELA, Language, Life Skills, Math, Reading, Science, Study Skills, Summer Program, Technology, Test Preparation, Tutorial, Writing.
- Who can take advantage of Ardent’s WASC accredited programs? All students in grades K-12 are welcome to join Ardent programs at any point throughout the year. Accreditation affirms the excellence of our programs, that we collaborate with parents, students, teachers and administrators to continuously improve. We use assessment data to inform our teaching.
- What courses are available for credit? Please check back soon. While it varies from school to school and district to district, we work closely with our community to offer programs commonly required for high school graduation. We are updating our course catalog to reflect changes.
- Are AP courses offered through Ardent Academy? Yes, Ardent offers various WASC accredited AP courses, starting Summer 2021.
- Will Ardent issue transcripts for the courses taken in the 2020-2021 academic year? Yes, WASC retroactively accredited our programs by one year. Select courses taken starting July 2020 are eligible for credit.
- Which schools accept transcripts from Ardent? It varies by school. While WASC accreditation assures the standard of Ardent courses, you will need to discuss with your school counselor whether the course will be accepted for credit.
- Can my student attend Ardent for full time without attending the local public/private school? Yes, eventually. Many students are currently taking just one or multiple classes with us — classes "a la carte."
- How many lessons can I take to earn course credits? Is there a minimum number of courses in which I must enroll? Many of our courses consist of 40-50 lessons over 4-5 sessions, from Summer to Spring of the following year. Many students are currently taking just one or multiple classes with us — classes "a la carte."
- Can my student take the AP exams, followed by the completion of AP courses at Ardent? Yes, full completion of an Ardent AP program prepares students for the AP exam in May/June.