Real AP Courses for College Credit ✅
We are thrilled to announce that students in grades 9-12 can now take AP classes through Ardent Academy to earn course credit. Our classes have been certified through College Board and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Upon full completion of the course, students will receive a transcript and be prepared to take the official AP exam. Courses are taught by top tier instructors who have many years of experience in their subject area and have been thoroughly vetted by Ardent. In addition, instructors and staff monitor each student’s progress and provide academic guidance to ensure that they are successful.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What programs at Ardent Academy are certified by College Board? College Board has determined the following Ardent Academy courses meet curricular and resource requirements of Advanced Placement: AP Biology, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism, Physics C: Mechanics. We are adding more courses soon.
- Can my student take the AP exam at Ardent? No, we do not administer AP exams in May/June. We encourage students to take the AP exam if it is offered. If students need help locating a center, please contact your school counselor or search College Board directory. It is the responsibility of the student to register for the exam.
- Will my student be prepared for the AP exam followed by the completion of AP courses at Ardent? Yes, full completion of an Ardent AP program readies students for the AP exam in May/June.
- Who can take advantage of Ardent’s certified AP programs? All students in grades 9-12 are welcome to join Ardent programs at any point throughout the year. Accreditation affirms the excellence of our programs, that we collaborate with parents, students, teachers and administrators to continuously improve.
- What courses are available for credit? All certified Ardent AP programs are College Board-certified and WASC-accredited. While it varies from school to school and district to district, we work closely with our community to offer programs commonly required for high school graduation.
- Will Ardent issue transcripts for the courses taken in the 2020-2021 academic year? Yes, WASC retroactively accredited our programs by one year. Select courses taken starting July 2020 are eligible for credit.
- Which schools accept transcripts from Ardent? It varies by school. While WASC accreditation assures the standard of Ardent courses, you will need to discuss with your school counselor whether the course will be accepted for credit.
- How many lessons can I take to earn course credits? Is there a minimum number of courses in which I must enroll? Many of our courses consist of 40-50 lessons over 4-5 sessions, from Summer to Spring of the following year. Many students are currently taking just one or multiple classes with us — classes "a la carte."
Ardent AP Courses Registration
View current offerings in our Solve Catalog
Registration and Payment
- New families can set up an account for course registration by calling us at (949) 861-2211, 10am-6pm Monday-Sunday.
- Returning families can register online through Solve, or call us at (949) 861-2211 for assistance.
Full payment of tuition and fees is required at the time of registration. Online payment by credit or debit card is preferred. If the payments are not completed successfully, you will not be registered in your course(s). We accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Refund Policy and Class Change
- Withdrawals made 1 week before the first day of class will receive a full refund of the course tuition minus the processing fee of $50. Otherwise, no refund nor credit. Class change is allowed up to 2 weeks before the start of class, depending on availability and upon instructor's approval.
- No pro-rated tuition or credit will be given for missed classes.
- Class schedules are subject to change or cancellations.